A new shock with the confirmed cases of the coronavirus being launched at 935 “accompanied” the premiere of the new stricter measures yesterday. Thessaloniki is following the footsteps of Athens in terms of confirmed cases: Yesterday it reached a breath behind Athens with 217 against 228 in Attica, however, given that its population is significantly smaller, the situation is extremely worrying.
The same picture prevails in Serres with 52 confirmed cases yesterday, a fact that signaled an alarm to the health authorities and the Civil Protection, with Deputy Minister Nikos Hardalias going to the area. Today at 09:30 p.m., a meeting is scheduled in the presence of the governor of Central Macedonia, Apostolos Tzitzikostas, where it is possible that additional measures will be taken for the region, which within a few days raised two levels of alarm (from 1 to 3).
However, in addition to the number of confirmed cases and intubations which are 91 and the rest of the qualitative-statistical data on the spread of the pandemic in our country show that the problem is becoming – as in the rest of Europe – more and more pressing. Yesterday the number of patients reached 835, exceeding 800 for the first time. Forty-eight hours ago the maximum number of patients was 780.
In the ICUs all over the country, 113 patients are treated with covid-19, of which 91 are intubated. In the previous 24 hours, 110 admissions were made: They usually range from 70 to 90 new admissions in the last weeks. Of the total admissions, 40 patients were admitted to hospitals in Attica, 70 to hospitals in the rest of Greece, mainly Thessaloniki, Larissa, Ioannina, Ptolemaida.
Rapid increase in cases – Their number is close to four digits
Yesterday’s report is the fourth negative record during October, which reflects the rapid increase in cases in our country in recent weeks.
Athens and Thessaloniki – for another day – “lifted the weight”, as in total they present almost half of the new cases. Attica with 228 is in a proportionally better situation than Thessaloniki, which with a much smaller population, recorded 217 new cases.
It is noteworthy, however, that another 15 regional units show double-digit new cases of Covid-19. More specifically, the specific list includes Drama, Evros, Imathia, Ioannina, Kavala, Kastoria, Kilkis, Kozani, Larissa, Messinia, Pella, Pieria, Rodopi, Serres and Trikala.
But especially, Serres, Kastoria, Ioannina, Kozani and Larissa, recorded from 27 to 54 new cases.
The following is the announcement of EODY:
Today we announce 935 new cases of the new virus in the country, of which 47 are associated with known outbreaks and 44 were detected following checks at the country’s gateways. The total number of cases is 29992, of which 55.5% are men.
3828 (12.8%) are considered related to travel from abroad and 11532 (38.5%) are related to an already known case.
91 of our fellow citizens are being treated by intubation. Their median age is 66 years. 30 (33.0%) are women and the rest are men. 93.4% of intubated patients have an underlying disease or are aged 70 years and older. 270 patients have been discharged from the ICU.
Finally, we have 5 more recorded deaths and 564 deaths in total in the country. 213 (37.8%) women and the rest men. The median age of our deceased fellow citizens was 79 years and 96.3% had some underlying disease and / or age 70 years and over.
The geographical distribution of cases follows:
– 44 cases during the checks carried out at the entrance gates of the country
– 4 imported cases that came voluntarily for control
– 228 cases in the Attica Region, of which 3 are related to known outbreaks, while 8 report contact with a confirmed case
– 217 cases in Region of Thessaloniki, of which 22 cases are associated with known confluences, while 20 report contact with a confirmed case.
• 1 case in Region of Argolida
• 6 cases in Region of Of Arcadia
• 1 case in Region of Arta
• 4 cases in Region of Of Achaia
• 5 cases in Region of Boeotia, of which 1 is associated with a known confluence
• 14 cases in Region of Drama
• 11 cases in Region of Evros, of which 2 are associated with known confluences, while 6 report contact with a confirmed case
• 6 cases in Region of Of Evia
• 13 cases in Region of Imathia, 2 of which are associated with known confluences
• 5 cases in Region of Heraklion
• 2 cases in Region of Thesprotia
• 2 cases in Region of Θήρας
• 30 cases from Region of Ioannina, of which 6 are associated with known confluences, while 4 report contact with a confirmed case
• 12 cases in Region of Kavala
• 4 cases in Region of Karditsa
• 27 cases in Region of Kastoria, of which 1 is associated with a known confluence, while 4 report contact with a confirmed case
• 4 cases in Region of Corfu
• 15 cases in Region of Kilkis, of which 1 is associated with a known confluence
• 30 cases in Region of Kozani, of which 2 are associated with a known confluence
• 2 cases in Region of Corinth
• 37 cases in Region of Larissa, of which 7 are linked to traces of already known confirmed cases
• 1 case in Region of Lassithi
• 5 cases in Region of Lesvos
• 8 cases in Region of Magnesia
• 12 cases in Region of Messinia
• 2 cases in Region of Mykonos
• 2 cases in Region of Naxos
• 3 cases in Region of Xanthi
• 14 cases in Region of Pella, of which 2 are connected by a known confluence
• 10 cases in Region of Pieria
• 6 cases in Region of Preveza
• 20 cases in Region of Rodopi
• 1 case in Region of Rhodes
• 1 case in Region of Samos
• 54 cases in Region of Serres, of which 3 are associated with a known confluence, while 9 report contact with a confirmed case.
• 13 cases in Region of Trikala
• 4 cases in Region of Fthiotida
• 4 cases in Region of Florina
• 6 cases in Region of Of Halkidiki
• 2 cases in Region of Chania
• 4 cases in Region of Chios, 2 of which are connected by a known confluence
39 cases are under investigation.